Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention
About the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention
Construction is the number one industry for number of suicides and suicide rates. As such, it is an industry imperative to shatter the mental health stigma and create caring cultures within our companies. CFMA established the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention, which is now a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with the goal of providing and disseminating information and resources for suicide prevention and mental health promotion in construction.
Alliance members join our movement by assisting with the dissemination of resources and information to their membership through quarterly e-mail communications, newsletters, website promotion, webinars, and/or other means at their disposal. Membership in the Alliance provides organizations and associations with the opportunity to continue to help shape the construction industry through promoting the safety and well-being of companies’ most important assets – human capital. We’ve developed a set of FAQs that provides additional information for your reference.
Interested in joining the Alliance, hosting a suicide prevention event, or receiving more information and resources? Click here to get started.
Interested in providing a donation to assist the Alliance in providing and disseminating information and resources for suicide prevention and mental health promotion in construction? Click here to share your support.
CFMA proudly welcomes and acknowledges the following Alliance members:
- American Contractors Insurance Group (ACIG)
- American Society of Safety Professionals
- American Subcontractors Association
- Arizona Builders Alliance (ABA)
- Arizona Rock Products Association (ARPA)
- Arizona Utility Contractors Association (AZUCA)
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP)
- The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC)
- Brent Darnell International
- Construction Center of Excellence
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Construction Industry CPAs and Consultants (CICPAC)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Construction Marketing Association
- Corbins Electric
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Crisis Text Line
- CW Safety & Health Management Program
- Dennis Gillan Inspirational Speaker
- Dodge Data & Analytics
- Epic Insurance Brokers & Consultants
- The Facing Addiction Action Network
- FCA International
- FCL Builders
- Forefront: Innovations in Suicide Prevention
- get good, L.L.C.
- Idaho Division of Public Health
- International Risk Management Institute (IRMI)
- The International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 302
- International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE Local 478)
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 612
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 701
- Joint Council of Teamsters No. 28
- Laborers’ Health & Safety Fund of North America
- La Frontera
- Lines for Life
- Man Therapy
- Maryland Construction Network
- Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA)
- MindWise Innovations
- Nater Associates, Ltd.
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Metro DC Chapter
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Puget Sound Chapter
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA)
- North America’s Building Trades Union
- Now Matters Now
- Perspectives, Ltd
- Phoenix Electrical JATC Apprenticeship Program
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCCA)
- R3 Continuum
- Reingold, Inc.
- Roofers & Waterproofers Local 123
- Sally Spencer-Thomas LLC
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA)
- The Sheet Metal Occupational Health Institute Trust (SMOHIT)
- Stop. Think. Prevent.
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network
- United Association
- United Suicide Survivors International
- The United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers
- United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local 26
- Washington Asphalt Pavement Association
- Washington State Department of Health
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- WDS Construction, Inc.
If you are interested in exploring the beginnings of a movement to build a zero suicide industry, share your contact information here and we'll keep you involved in the Alliance's progress and ways you can contribute.