Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- CFMA Middle Tennessee Chapter with AGC & NAWIC Suicide Prevention Summit (August 24, 2017)
- National Suicide Prevention Month (September 2017)
- International Suicide Prevention Day (September 10, 2017)
- National Suicide Prevention Week (September 10-16, 2017)
- CFMA Las Vegas Chapter Suicide Prevention Summit (September 26, 2017)
- ABA Annual Convention – Suicide Prevention (October 5, 2017)
- CFMA Puget Sound Chapter Suicide Prevention Summit (October 24, 2017)
- AGC/CFMA Construction Financial Management Conference – General Session 6: Integrating Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Into Your Company's Safety, Health, Wellness, and Employee Benefits Programs (November 3, 2017)
- CFMA Massachusetts Chapter Suicide Prevention Summit (June 20, 2017)
- CFMA Annual Conference & Exhibition (June 3-7)
- NECA Safety Professionals Conference (May 23, 2017)
- Southeastern Construction Regional Conference (May 4-5)
- CFMA Western Michigan Chapter Suicide Prevention Summit (April 25, 2017)
- CFMA Inland Empire, Orange County, and San Diego Chapters Suicide Prevention Summit (April 20, 2017)
- 98th Annual AGC Convention Session: Why Construction Companies Need to Know About Mental Health and Suicide Prevention (March 8, 2017)
- Uniting the Construction Industry Behind Suicide Prevention
In the highest-rated CFMA webinar to date, this eye-opening and engaging discussion revealed the real and immediate need to tackle the stigma surrounding mental health and prevent suicide in the construction industry. If you missed it, want to watch it again, or perhaps share it with your peers, this 90-minute session can be viewed on-demand, free of charge.
- CFMA Valley of the Sun Suicide Prevention Summit
In Phoenix, Arizona, on April 7, 2016, CFMA’s Valley of the Sun Chapter presented the inaugural Suicide Prevention Summit, a collaboration between construction and local and national mental health professionals discussing suicide prevention for the construction industry. Designed for construction industry CEOs, CFOs, Human Resource professionals, and Safety and Risk managers, the event provided a wealth of knowledge and resources to more than 100 industry professionals. Summit attendees heard personal stories of loss, participated in a panel discussion, connected with community mental health professionals, and took away resources to help promote mental health and suicide prevention as part of their companies’ overall wellness initiatives.
Cal Beyer, Director of Risk Management at Lakeside Industries and Executive Committee member of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, lauded, “The overwhelming support from sponsors and the strong participation by contractors reinforces this is a topic whose time has come. Great strides have been made in breaking the wall of silence around mental health and suicide prevention. The construction industry workforce is at risk and contractors want to learn how to build a caring culture to help their employees get the assistance they need to cope with life struggles. I've never been more proud to be a CFMA member.”
Have events to share? E-mail us at email@example.com for more information.