CCIFP Overview Seminar Information
This one-day, intensive session provides an overview of the body of knowledge that every CCIFP should know. Take-aways include the seminar workbook, plus CFMA’s Study Guide for the CCIFP Exam, and 8 CPE credits!
Chapter coordinators, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule this course for their chapter. If you wish to attend a course at a CFMA chapter, see a list of upcoming courses, or visit CFMA’s Education Online website to learn more about CFMA’s web-based education.
This is a group-live program at the Intermediate level. At least three years of industry experience & a basic understanding of construction accounting & financial management is recommended.
Account & Reporting
- Accounting standards & guidelines
- Basic methods of accounting
- Costs in excess & billings in excess
- Construction equipment
- Subcontractor payables
- Capitalized interest
- Financial statements
- Project management
Budgeting & Planning
- Capital budgeting
- Cash management
- Strategic planning
- Strategic cost management
- Employee benefit plans
- Accounting/finance department administration
- Applications for construction management
- Accounting methods unique to the construction industry
- Tax filing
Income Recognition Methods
- Financial reporting
- Percentage-of-completion accounting method
- Contract revenues
- Contract costs
- Accounting for the effects of change in estimates
- Completed-contract accounting method
- Preparation & review of contracts
- Alternatives to litigation
- Construction-related insurance
- Ways to maximize your study time
- How to overcome test anxiety
- What to expect on exam day
- And MUCH MORE!
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Identify topic areas that comprise the “Body of Knowledge” for CCIFPs;
• Identify the most important topics, concepts, calculations, etc., that a CCIFP should know;
• Benchmark your own level of knowledge against that of a CCIFP; and
• Target your study efforts in critical areas in order to broaden & deepen your mastery of these topics.
This course provides 4 CPE credits in the field of Accounting & 4 CPE credits in the field of Mgmt. Advisory Services, for a total of 8 CPE credits.
Who Should Take This Course? Any CPAs or other accounting professionals who are going to sit for the industry exam.
The Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: Web site: www.learningmarket.org.