Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist
Learn from a specialized curriculum focusing on the insurance and risk management needs of construction projects and contractors. Earn 4 to 12 Insurance CE credits for each course as you develop a specialized expertise in construction risk and insurance. Each course can be completed in 6-10 hours.
Benefits of the CRIS Program:
- Use your new knowledge to make better insurance buying and risk management decisions.
- Be better positioned to offer advice and opinions related to insurance programs.
- Eliminate dangerous coverage gaps and provide better protection for your employer or your clients.
- Become a more valuable employee as you work toward your career goals.
- Gain expertise, confidence, and credibility.
- Program graduates may display the CRIS® designation behind their names as a testament to their expertise.
Who should take the CRIS Program?
- Construction company executives with direct or indirect responsibility for property-casualty insurance or risk management programs
- Construction financial managers, risk managers, or office personnel who buy insurance or coordinate claims for contractors
- CPAs who wish to be more knowledgeable advisors with respect to the insurance their contractor clients purchase
- Construction lawyers who wish to understand the scope of protection provided to contractors for defective construction and other complex coverage issues unique to construction
- Negotiators and lawyers, including in-house general counsel, who advise contractors or draft terms to include in construction contracts
- Insurance agents and brokers who sell insurance to contractors
- Insurance agency customer service representatives (CSR) who handle construction accounts
- Insurance underwriters who focus on the construction industry
Optional Foundation Cours:
- IRMI's Fundamentals of Construction Risk Management and Insurance
5 Core Courses:
- Commercial Auto, Surety, CIPs, and Miscellaneous Lines
- Commercial Liability Insurance for Contractors
- Contractual Risk Transfer in Construction
- Property Insurance for Contractors
- Workers Compensation for Contractors