Welcoming New CCIFPs & Exploring Certification Benefits
By Heather Waldenmayer, CCIFP, Chairman
At the start of each year, we welcome the newest CCIFP credential holders and celebrate the commitment they have made to their professional development. By becoming certified, these professionals have demonstrated their complex knowledge of construction financial management.
We are excited to continue to welcome new CCIFPs (listed on page 9) into the industry and are proud to provide the next generation of CCIFPs with the numerous benefits of certification. As stated on www.iccifp.org, the CCIFP designation:
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in construction industry financial management, and dedication to continuing education and quality improvement;
- Establishes our profession as having, valuing, and maintaining the highest possible standards of knowledge, competence, and ethical behavior – as high as any other profession on which business and the public rely;
- Sets our profession apart as one with its own unique skill set and body of knowledge, a level of attainment over and above that of financial generalists;
- Promotes the spread of best practices throughout financial managers within the construction industry;
- Better prepares both firms and individuals for meeting the challenges ahead as information moves more quickly and construction industry financial management becomes more complex; and
- Gives certified persons a powerful edge in an increasingly competitive industry and marketplace.As we settle into the new year, you may be thinking about making resolutions that could benefit or improve your personal life – but what about improving professionally? Consider how becoming certified might help you achieve your career goals.
By launching on-demand computer-based testing this past year, the Institute aims to further reduce the barriers to becoming certified. Perhaps we will see your name included among new CCIFPs next year! For more information on the CCIFP credential, including eligibility requirements, sample exam questions, and how to apply online, visit www.iccifp.org.
Copyright © 2017 by the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA). All rights reserved. This article first appeared in CFMA Building Profits and is reprinted with permission. CFMA Building Profits is a member-only benefit; join CFMA to receive the magazine.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reprinting information. You can also download a PDF of this article.